Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Off The Band Wagon

They don't call it Sunday Funday's for nothing! Joe and I got a little carried away on Sunday. Not OOBER BAD but still, when counting calories and you see how much FAT you consume its a tad crazy.

So Sunday I come home from work and Joe is brewing beer with a friend. I walk past our little bar (Its our alcohol we keep on the bookshelf, not really a bar.) We have Jameson, Johnnie Walker Red Label Glenfiddich, and El Jimador Tequila. Well a couple weeks ago Joe and I discovered this mix called Baja Bob's Sugar Free Mix. It has no sugar and no calories so we feel pretty good about ourselves. Welllllll that was a Sunday too and for some reason we associate  Sunday's with Margaritas for some reason.

So we made Sassypant's Margaritas we each had 6 of the delicious concoctions. 2oz of tequila in each drink! Wow!! So by the end of the 6th one, I was getting hungry. I am a guilty snacker and junk food eater when I drink. So I was on my computer when a Papa Johns ad popped up.

UH -OH.

I use to be a frequent guest of Papa Johns. So I logged onto my account, ordered a Large Pepperoni and Sausage pizza with Blue Cheese Sauce and extra Garlic Sauce. Joe and I DEVOURED the pizza. We went to bed full satisfied and drunk. The next morning was not pretty.

So Joe was hung over, I got to sleep in and we went to track out calories on My Fitness Pal (www.MyFitnessPal.com) and what we discovered was ridiculous!!

For dinner which is what I tracked the pizza and margaritas under which ironically is named "Healthy and Lite" I consumed:
Calories 1,480
Carbs 58g
Fat 60g

THAT WAS JUST IN ONE SITTING!!! Margaritas alone were 600 calories!

I ended up being 1,214 calories over and 59g of fat over my goal.

What is crazy is that before Joe and I would order 2 medium pizzas and eat a whole pizza each to ourselves. If 3 slices are 570 calories think about how many a WHOLE pizza is!!! It is crazy counting calories how much you consume. It puts a whole new light on food.

1 comment:

  1. I have also been a fat skinny girl and it has taken a toll on my health. About a year ago I started to get healthy and in shape. If your looking for a great fast way to get in shape you should try a barre class. I work at a studio named Pure Barre. It's the fastest way to get into shape. I have seen major changes in my body in only a few months of doing it. In Portland they have a Barre studio named Barre 3. If you can afford it and I highly recommend trying it.

    ReplyDelete